To kickstart this project, I interviewed both stakeholders and users of the current ‘paper and pen’ process. During the semi structured interviews, I addressed various needs of the stakeholders as well as feelings and attitude of the users towards the current system.
I constructed a paper prototype based on the findings from the interviews. I then tested this paper prototype among associates of different demographics. There were some interesting insights I garnered from this test. The main reason for doing a usability test with a paper prototype was to accommodate for changes early in the design phase and to facilitate another test with the prototype on a second set of users.
I created some mockups to finally illustrate visual hierarchy and to display the various states of the system.